Sunday, March 15, 2009

Gold Coins

This idea I got from No Time For Flash Cards (you can find on the right side of my blog under favorites) I bought some chocolate gold coins at the dollar store, they were a little bigger than I hoped but they still worked. I traced ten circles and numbered them. I then took the gold coins and hid them in the playroom.



We went from youngest to oldest and with the little ones I made it very obvious where the coins were but for my older two I gave them a bit more of a challenge!! Once they find a coin they came back over and put it on the numbers until all ten were found!


I was so surprised how popular this little game was, we must have played for a good forty-five minutes and all the children were helping each other find the coins.


My three children who are 2, 4 and 6 loved it and I also look after an 18 month old and a 2 year old and they both thought this game was great too!! I love the fact that it works for a variety of ages!



When it was Emma's turn, I made it harder to find the coins but I also tried to incorporate a little math into the game. When she would find a coin and bring it back I would ask how many more she needed to find? Math and fun in the same sentence - I didn't think it was possible!!heehee




No comments:

Post a Comment